Our team of experts have assembled a collection of resources to make your experience with Mirth Connect as productive and efficient as possible. Looking to download Mirth Connect? Click the button below:
A video tutorial on replacing Mirth Connect’s internal Derby database with the more robust and capable PostgreSQL.
A video tutorial on using channel tags and channel groups to keep your channels organized in Mirth Connect.
A detailed guide to the configuration map feature in Mirth Connect. Configuration maps can speed up channel maintenance and make Mirth connect server deployments much easier.
Using the Data Pruner effectively allows you to make your Mirth Connect channels more performant and scalable. In this video, we to do a quick overview of the Data Pruner and walk you through how to set it up at the global and channel level.
Attachments are a great way to optimize how Mirth Connect handles large messages by reducing the amount of data being stored in the database. In this video, we explore the various ways you can work with attachments in Mirth Connect.
In this video, we review the top 3 things you MUST DO after downloading and installing Mirth Connect to set yourself up for success.
An affordable way to enable SSL control, troubleshooting, and proactive certificate management embedded into your open source Mirth Connect workflow.
Zen Insight Integration Monitor provides in-depth alerting, monitoring and analysis of all your Mirth Connect channels and instances from one centralized location.
Healthcare Data Interoperability without the cost of standing up and managing your own platform
Five notable Mirth Connect plugins and extensions for Healthcare IT Vendors
Three must-dos for anyone downloading Mirth Connect the first time
Here are five reasons why people like to use Mirth Connect to build healthcare interfaces.
1. Free, Open Source: the makers of Mirth Connect have made the tool available to the public. It can be downloaded from the Mirth.com website
2. Trusted: there are hundreds of thousands of Mirth Connect deployments globally. The extensive use of Mirth Connect for integrations keeps it on the top of many people’s list of integration engine solutions.
3. Extensible: Mirth Connect can be customized to meet many different interoperability situations and needs.
4. Allows for Custom Scripting: Mirth Connect users have the flexibility to go beyond the options in the User Interface.
5. Scalable: Mirth Connect can run on very small, affordable devices – even a raspberry pi, up to large-scale enterprise services, or hosted in a secure cloud.
Despite the many favorable aspects of Mirth Connect, there are a few drawbacks that you and your integration teams need to keep in mind.
1. Steep Learning Curve: Mirth Connect is powerful, but without training and hands-on experience, it can be challenging to learn.
2. Little Available Documentation: It is very nice to have such a large community of Mirth Connect users; however, there is limited centralized information and documentation about Mirth Connect best practices.
3. Limited Infrastructure Support: Mirth Connect does not come with native (free) load balancing, fail over, or advanced proactive performance alerts.
Good news? Mirth® Connect is still one of the best healthcare interoperability engines and Zen has Mirth Certified engineers and services team members who can help organizations overcome these disadvantages.
© 2021 Zen Healthcare IT, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Enter your name and email to instantly access the case study.